[Bf-committers] documented creating a custom modifier

Ian Johnson enjalot at gmail.com
Tue May 25 04:51:08 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I did a quick writeup of my experience creating a custom modifier. It
doesn't do anything but printf when its added to an object, but hopefully
this post can prove useful to new devs (such as myself ^_^)

http://enja.org/2010/05/24/blender-creating-a-custom-modifier/

I couldn't find this process documented online. The closest was this
unfinished tutorial:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/How_to/Add_an_Object_Type

I would appreciate any feedback (especially if I'm wrong about something)
and I would be happy to add this to a wiki or something, I'm just too new to
the community to know where it would go!
Tomorrow I'm going to try adding some functionality to my modifier, and also
have it affect how the object is rendered in the game engine. Hopefully I'm
on the right track!

--
Ian Johnson