[Bf-committers] ESC as input key ?

blendenzo blendenzo at blendenzo.com
Mon May 24 20:08:56 CEST 2010

Hi Dalai,

I did not realize that the 2.49 functionality had not been recreated in
2.5.  I was just trying to set up a menu in a project, using the ESC key
to trigger it, and I found that I cannot do this, even if I use a Python
script to handle an All Keys event.

In most games, ESC key is the standard method of going to the game menu,
so I vote +1 for using ESC as a detected key.  I think it is rather
important to support understood industry standards.  Otherwise, people
will be pressing ESC thinking it will go to menu, but instead they will
close the game and lose all of their progress :(

-Tony