[Bf-committers] Settings and preferences out of blend format

malefico at licuadorastudio.com malefico at licuadorastudio.com
Wed May 19 23:22:41 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

It'll be great if default settings or user preferences, could be saved in
a text file instead of include everything in a blend file.

It has happened to me a lot of times, that I tweaked something in the
interface and then press CTRL+U or Save Settings, which lead to next time
I open Blender it loads the thousands samurais I was animating in my shot
when I saved the particular preference.

I know I'm stupid to do that, but usually you realized a particular
preference WHILE working, so it makes sense to me that settings could be
saved separately from the current blend file.

Maybe now that everything is pythonized this is not a hard task to
accomplish ? Maybe it's been already discussed here ?

Thanks in advance !

malefico.