[Bf-committers] Python RNA/API help/todo's

Dan Eicher dan at trollwerks.org
Wed May 19 20:59:34 CEST 2010

Been working on the nodes a bit -- http://www.pasteall.org/13254/diff

Added properties to NodeSocket:
.name
.min
.max
.type
and fixed the sub-classing.

Added new type 'NodeLink' with:
.node_in
.node_out
.socket_in
.socket_out

Added to NodeTree:
.links
.link_add()
.link_delete()
.type

And three new subtypes of NodeTree with:
.node_add()
.node_delete()

I tried to add NodeTree.nodes.new/delete() (and for links) but couldn't
because the add/delete functions need a link to the bNodeTree which I
couldn't quite figure out.

Not quite done with the add/delete functions, they need error checking,
etc., and there are some bugs to find (like deleting a node and then undoing
in the UI segfalts when accessing the nodetree through python and
nodegroups/nodetrees don't play nice together) but this patch has the basic
works to add a whole node setup pythonically.

Figured I'd get some feedback before doing the more complex stuff.