[Bf-committers] Durian/Hair Troubles

bjornmose bjornmose at gmx.net
Wed May 19 01:51:34 CEST 2010

Hi, Brecht
Oh, one thing I forgot:
Please!
Do not try to plug in particles to the soft body module the 2.4x way,
just because anyone says 'it used to work'.
There will be 'bug reports' in that direction.
It is too brute force hacky.
Possible though,
how to:
1. define a nice object type ( outside ) (e.g. tHairCurve  )
2. define nice converters
   tHairCurve->SB
   ( inside .. with vertices and how to build springs .. which springs
to build ... and so on   )
   SB <-tHairCurve
3. use it on the common interface
wish would look like in a very Cish design

.. snip .. for each hair curve do (sb_Init(ptrObject))
.. snip .. for each hair curve do (sb_Setparams(ptrObject,ptrParams)) /*
does reset by default */
.. snip .. for each hair curve do (sb_Stepto(ptrObject,time))
.. snip .. for each hair curve do (sb_Reset(ptrObject))
.. snip .. for each hair curve do
(sb_ParamSet(ptrObject,ID_PARAM,value)) /* does not reset  */
.. snip .. for each hair curve do
(sb_Get(ptrObject,ptrArrayOfVerts,ptrNumOfVerts))

if we were on c++, we could inherit Object, well for 'Erbsenzähler' ..