[Bf-committers] Texture assignment workflow is confusing

Roger Wickes rogerwickes at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 03:14:56 CEST 2010

A few years ago I put forth suggestions for an artists' user interface
to such sfx. Unfortunately, what an artist wants to specify is
vastly different from the parameters that the simulator needs.
Thus, my thought is to wait until volumetric is stable (I have been
playing with them since before my book was published :) and then
we can design a kick-ass UI for it that translates appropriately,
kinda like drivers, and probably through a pyPanel that then goes out
and tweaks all the little knobs for you. I think the knobs are in the
particle system, additional force fields, material, textures, and animation tools.

I am talking about the artist specifying things, like for fire,
"Combustible Material", "Pressure", "Prevailing Wind", "Ambient Air Temp"
and "Smoke Thickness".
--Roger

Check out my website at www.rogerwickes.com for a good deal on my book and
training course, as well as information about my latest activities. Use coupon
Papasmurf for $15 off!