[Bf-committers] Durian/Hair Troubles

bjornmose bjornmose at gmx.net
Sat May 15 01:12:37 CEST 2010

first glance at the example:
same problems reported at ED Plumiferos ..
time ( on goal , colliders  any thing 'outside' ) is too discontinuous
reads  as: the 'outside' is too fast to keep physics in sync.
this is a intrinsic problem of the blender animation system .. : no
canonic way  to ask for the 'inter frame' state of any object.
work around:
1. isolate physical actors ( with layers, groups ... what ever )
2. run isolated system at 1/10 or less time scale
3. join back in proper time scale
4. yada yada
..
ask the the physics wizards, invited to BC
grumpy old BM