[Bf-committers] Installation/file paths

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed May 12 18:14:11 CEST 2010

Hi,
ideasman42 at gmail.com (2010-05-12 at 0933.27 +0200):
> By the way, last time I checked - gimp do this for their swap folder,
> I recall having to point this elsewhere when we used networked home
> dir's at the blender institute.

Did you know they also do not create back ups of files so a failed
save can mean lost work? And that they never save work in progress,
losing work again? Sorry but "Foo throws trash in the street, so it is
right to throw it" is not a valid reason.

Also, some systems default to faster defaults for placed used for temp
files which means you get better speed too, not just the automatic
cleanups.

GSR