[Bf-committers] Texture assignment workflow is confusing

Doug Ollivier doug at flipdesign.co.nz
Wed May 12 13:25:41 CEST 2010

Don't worry I understood it. it's a mock-up after-all which means a
certain amount of imagination is always required.

Nice work on the mock-up, and totally agree with that being the end goal
that a new system would enable.

I think there needs to be another more simple interface closer to the
non-nodes interface for people who "just want to plug an image in"  and
that is what i am interested in exploring since i think that is the more
unique challenge.  Nodes are quite well understood but are a big
learning curve,  great for complex tasks like colour correction between
sockets as you have shown, but completely over complex for simple tasks
that involve 1 connection.

Cheers,

Doug

On 12/05/2010 5:23 p.m., Damir Prebeg wrote:
> I give up, I see that I'm completely misunderstood here...
>
> Left-right or right-left node flow is irrelevant, I'm just saying how mat
> could be assembled, and what workflow could be for assigning image/node to
> some channel.
>
> Well, anyhow, It doesn't matter. Devs will do their magic with or, more
> likely, without mho.
>
> When I grew up and learn how to program in C and C++, I'll do it my self.
>
> On 11 May 2010 21:04, Knapp<magick.crow at gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Damir Prebeg<blend.factory at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It looks that flow in my image wasn't self explanatory so here is
>>>
>> modified
>>
>>> one. And this one treats Material as ordinary node that also can be input
>>> one. Flow goes from right to left simply because that looks more logic to