[Bf-committers] char* or char[MAX_FILE] in DNA?

j.bakker at atmind.nl j.bakker at atmind.nl
Wed May 12 09:19:14 CEST 2010

Hi Mitchel,

I wouldn't recommend using primitive pointers in dna structures. I am even
not sure if it works. You will need to write an custom reader/writer to
handle this situation. When using fixed array, storing and reading works
out of the box.

I don't think that blender will write your material correctly to a file (it
will only store the pointer, and not the data that where the pointer points
to.)

It should not be a problem if the data can be reconstructed during reading
process. (this has been done before with methodpointers).

Jeroen.