[Bf-committers] Installation/file paths

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Tue May 11 18:08:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm proposing to look for the folder in the same directory as the
executable first, and if that doesn't exist, in the system location
(/usr/share/blender). This means that /usr/bin/datafiles would be used
if it was there, but that's an unintentional side effect and the
folder should be installed in /usr/share/blender when blender is
installed in /usr/bin/blender. This just also covers the case of
running blender from an unpacked archive, without using a wrapper
script to find the right folder.

Brecht.