[Bf-committers] small scale suggestion : keyframe extra tools

Roger Wickes rogerwickes at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 17:41:14 CEST 2010

on the subject of keys, keying sets and workflow....
is there a way we could duplicate (not clone) a key or set
of selected keyssuch that if the original set
changes, the duplicated key also changes?

The reason I ask is that I am doing a bunch
of cyclic animations for Ubisoft, where we have 8 frames
that cycle (e.g. Walk, idle), and so I start out duplicating frame 1 to
frame 9. Then, when I key frame 5, I get nice interpolation
for frames 6-8. The issues is if I change frame 1, my
duplicated 9 is now out of date, and hence all my interpolations.
Right now in 2.49 shift-D does a clone
which to me is inconsistent with what shift-D does with meshes.
If i shift-D a mesh and then edit a duplicate, the other duplicates change.
to me, a key is like a ME:, not an OB:.

maybe alt-D?

 --Roger