[Bf-committers] Installation/file paths

Diego B bdiego at gmail.com
Tue May 11 17:18:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Ken Hughes <khughes at pacific.edu> wrote:

> Before I comment, let me be sure I understand what's being proposed:
>
> On Unix, the blender executable would most likely be /usr/bin/blender.
> So the proposal is to have a /usr/bin/datafiles folder for the system
> data files?  If so, I don't think that's a good idea, for Unix anyway.
> You don't expect to find any data in /usr/bin.

The proposal say:

 /usr/share/blender/2.52/datafiles

and

~/.blender/2.52/datafiles

The datafiles in the same folder that blender is only if you don't
want install Blender, download the file, unpack and run from the same
directory, so it's all the files there (or that is what I understand
from Brecht)

anyway... is this right ? Matt ?