[Bf-committers] small scale suggestion : keyframe extra tools

Charles Wardlaw cwardlaw at marchentertainment.com
Tue May 11 16:54:59 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Nathan Vegdahl <cessen at cessen.com> wrote:

> Personally, I found the Maya way more concentration-breaking, because
> it gave no feedback.  With Blender's method, I can see every step of
> the way if I'm messing up, whereas with Maya I won't know until I key
> it and frame step backwards-forwards and look at the final result.

Very true, which is why I never use that method in Maya, either.  Personally
I think the Action Editor is *the* best-- I love being able to select all
the keys with one click and duplicating that.  I think as workflows for
animation go, it's one of the best.  The trick is just getting people to
give it a go.  NLA systems in other packages aren't as robust, so most folks
I talk to shy away.

> Of course the Maya way has advantages too.  But personally, I prefer
> the pro/con combo of the way Blender does it.

 I know I cite Maya on this list a lot, but it's actually my least favorite
package.  I'm forced to use it because that's what studio's buy, but if I
could just animate in Blender all day (same as I currently model in Blender
all day), I'd be a much happier person. ;)
~ C