[Bf-committers] small scale suggestion : keyframe extra tools

Charles Wardlaw cwardlaw at marchentertainment.com
Tue May 11 16:34:32 CEST 2010

> The one difference between using copy pose to buffer and being able to
> scrub
> a key through the timeline is that you maintain your pose in the viewport.
> If we scrub to frame 24 the pose would float away to any later keyframes
> and
> then pop back to where it was when we paste the key.  I find it breaks
> concentration on holding a pose.

There's one other important thing-- when you scrub like this in Maya parts
of the scene are not calculated.  It ends up being faster sometimes with
heavy rigs to copy poses in this way just because of viewport interactivity.

Then again, Blender rigs tend to execute more quickly than Maya ones on the
whole, so perhaps this is a non-issue. :)
~ C