[Bf-committers] small scale suggestion : keyframe extra tools

Roger Wickes rogerwickes at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 15:43:31 CEST 2010

the current blender workflow is while at frame 2, copy pose to buffer (i love those yellow up/down arrows on the header). scrub to frame 24, either paste from buffer or paste flipped from buffer. If that same workflow could be preserved by expanding to copy not just a pose, but keys in general...very cool.

The "issue" with changing frame numbers of existing keys is that many people avoid the NLA entirely by timing their keys in the fcurve editor. I put "issue" in quotes because it is really a hack/work around the proper way to do it, but users are lazy so if they can skip a step, they do. However, thinking about all those lazy users (which includes myself) having an easy way to shift subsequent/later keys out, such a G+Xnn would be very cool, where the + deselects all keys and selects only those keys at or after the current frame.

 --Roger

Check out my website at www.rogerwickes.com for a good deal on my book and
training course, as well as information about my latest activities. Use coupon
Papasmurf for $15 off!