[Bf-committers] The final step that Blender needs to take in order to become fundamentally perfect

Raul Fernandez Hernandez raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Mon May 10 16:40:56 CEST 2010

Hi there

> I know resources are limited but what is to stop a few from starting a
> branch and exploring this very interesting area? I could see it as
> being a nodal extension of the game engine. I do admit to knowing very
> little about this subject but that is what it looked like in that
> SUPER cool video.

 You cannot fork Blender for a "huge" revamp in its current state, when
haven't finished the previous revamp because then the sync back could
become near impossible, you could base your entire codebase in things
that simply will change or could dissapear in the official branch. Only
after few stable releases you could fork Blender for a major architecture
change like this.