[Bf-committers] Hi. I have just joined.

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Mon May 10 12:09:13 CEST 2010

Thanks for the feedback!  We really love feedback from users such as yourself.

About the curve issues you posted; curves are a problem, and one we
need to solve, but we don't really have anyone in charge of curves
overall (there are one or two people working on NURBS surfaces, but
that's about it).  It's an issue we haven't had resources for, what
with everything else that needed doing (blender's development since
going open source has probably been 90% refactoring, with new features
being a side effect, and curves have mostly been left alone if I
remember right, though some improvements have been made).

On the pin animation, could you describe that in more detail? I'm in
charge of mesh refactoring, and I suspect I'm going to need to make
some internal design changes for this sort of thing.  On the topic of
multiple cloth modifiers; in theory this is possible, though we'll
need some detailed use cases to implement it correctly (for example,
should each modifier be aware of each other, e.g. for collision?
should they all internally share the same solver, or use one solver
per modifier?).

For the vertex painting issue, there is an option to paint per-vertex
as opposed to per-face; looks like it's either not on by default or
isn't working correctly, or something like that (this whole area of
the code has a few hard-to-track-down bugs still).  I'll try to take a
look as soon as I have time.

I'd suggest mailing such things directly to this list, and/or joining
irc://irc.freenode.org/blendercoders , since blenderartists isn't
always the best place (though it has improved a lot, I'm still scared
of it from past experiences :) ).

Joe