[Bf-committers] Texture assignment workflow is confusing

Damir Prebeg blend.factory at gmail.com
Mon May 10 11:56:46 CEST 2010

Hi Knapp. I have never claimed that I'm an expert in any part of Blender.
I'm just ordinary, hobby Blender user for about 5 years.

Since English isn't my language, maybe I don't understand what Luke ment by
"Hard to tell what's going in and what's coming out".

Now I don't know what you mean by this:

> ...have you done ANY node work in
> blender? It seems very easy to me to understand but I have done at
> least 100 hours of blender node work.

I played around with Blender nodes but I didn't have much time to dig deeper
into that mater as you have. I still have do my regular job to feed my
family. I don't understand, does that disqualifies me from making
suggestions on this matter?

> The only hole I see in the work is that there is no way to link the
> material to the geometry faces"

Is this comment for my suggestion or for current node system?

My suggestion is inspired by Blender and several other 3D programs that I've
seen. It only shows how I see material should be "assembled".

Maybe I've had to state this difference: If I'm not mistaking, current node
system considers MatNode as input. In my suggestion, MatNode (Material in my
image) is output.