[Bf-committers] Fast Linux/CMake/QtCreator Setup Tutorial

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon May 10 07:50:23 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Leif Andersen
<leif.a.andersen at gmail.com> wrote:
> /me smacks himself:  Blender can be updated from subversion within QtCreator
> Tools -> Subversion -> Update Project "Blender"
>
> Thanks. :)
>
> ~Leif Andersen
>
> ----------
> That was easy:
> http://www.appbrain.com/app/net.leifandersen.mobile.android.easybutton
>

> On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 21:43, Xavier Thomas <xavier.thomas.1980 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> It is integrated in QT creator as it comes
>>
>> 2010/5/10 Leif Andersen <leif.a.andersen at gmail.com>:
>> > That was very useful, thank you.  I would like to know though, did you
>> get
>> > some sort of plugin to integrate SVN into QTCreator, it do you use some
>> > other GUI client like rapidsvn, or do you just use the command line
>> inputs
>> > for svn?
>> >
>> > Thank you
>> >
>> > ~Leif Andersen
>> >
>> > ----------
>> > That was easy:
>> > http://www.appbrain.com/app/net.leifandersen.mobile.android.easybutton

>> repositories.

Thanks xavier for the info on kdevelop, I used the 3.x version for
some months, found it quite good except managed to crash its debugger
integration fairly frequently.

I didnt get to test the recent kdevelop 4.x release yet so glad to
know its on par with QtCreator.

For refactoring I use my own python script which can go over all files
and do things like search/replace, change order of args. I find this
better because I like to be able to refactor different languages and
being written in python makes it flexible.

Note that I also tried eclipse, netbeans, codeblocks (a little) and code-lite
in general I found these apps OK but not great at dealing with a
project as big as Blender.
In the case of netbeans and eclipse - they are not focused on C/C++,
they can be made to work OK with some configuring but suffer from
java-slowness.

--
- Campbell