[Bf-committers] Fast Linux/CMake/QtCreator Setup Tutorial

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun May 9 17:33:10 CEST 2010

Heres a page I wrote today about my IDE configuration on Linux, which
is similar to nexYon's and joe's
I was thinking this might help GSOC students who use Linux, but others
may be interested too.

This setup is nice because you can point QtCreator at an existing
CMake build directory to get the IDE up and running quickly.
It also doesn't rely on using QtCreator, you can keep building from
the command line too.

This document also goes into some details about getting faster build
times (~2 seconds, ~3 seconds with a change to a single C file)

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Ideasman42/CMakeQTCreatorLinux

for visual people, heres a screenshot :)
http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/a/a1/Qtc_blender_25.png

--
- Campbell