[Bf-committers] The final step that Blender needs to take in order to become fundamentally perfect

nautilus nautilus981 at googlemail.com
Sat May 8 10:31:21 CEST 2010

Yo, internet tough guy, I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding your
post, but when you post a reply to a person who is trying to be
helpful you should

1) be respectful and considerate like Joe that replied before you.

2) be intelligent.

Your reply is neither of the two. So you could have replied, "well, I
think that a textual-based programming language is more flexible than
a visual programming language", to which I would have replied, "we
actually don't know, and besides, we need to define what we mean by
'flexibility', because many artists are going to see well-thought out
intuitiveness as being equivalent to well-thought out flexibility".

You also know, I hope, that the multihost mantra part was written by
another person that I was quoting? It was part of the post made by
that person to make suggestions to improve Houdini. I could have
removed it, but didn't, because I believed that it wasn't necessary.

Hey, if things went according to your post, why would it be then that
Houdini is anticipated to have a growing market-share and is really
loved by its users? Do you know how many artists and technical
directors who know to program quite well use solely Houdini's nodes,
of whom few actually add text-based scripts to their workflow? Ask the
users of Houdini who work in a professional environment and they will
say that they love Houdini. Houdini's only perceived problem is its
procedural workflow (which can be very powerful), and if that inhibits
your creativity, you can overcome it by complementing Houdini with a
more normal 3d package. This is what Blender needs to be, the best of
both worlds, or that is, the only world available.

Anyways, I encourage and invite more people that are interested in
Blender's future to tell us what you think of this. It should motivate
people as to what Blender's real direction needs to be.

-nautilus