[Bf-committers] GSoC Proposal: Unit Testing

Leif Andersen leif.a.andersen at gmail.com
Fri May 7 23:37:32 CEST 2010

Okay, I have spent several hours looking into this.  I do like how the
framework works, however, I still haven't gotten it to actually compile
anything (not even their samples, so I'm thinking I've got the framework
compiled incorrectly).  It also seems like this is designed to be used
directly by the end programmer, rather than being plugged into another
framework such as Ctest (which is what I was considering doing, as cmake is
already used), but I could be wrong on that.

However, I would like to get the general mood of the developers on having a
C++ testing framework.  Is it proffered, acceptable but not optimal, or is
a definite no (or something else).  While the majority of the code is
written in C (except for parts written in python), there are a few bits here
and there in C++.

Anyway, I appreciate your opinions.

~Leif Andersen

That was easy: