[Bf-committers] Spatial hashing

Raul Fernandez Hernandez raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Fri May 7 18:07:23 CEST 2010

Hi all

  I'm currently developing/researching a spatial hashing structure as an
alternative to the particles kdtree, hashing has several advantages over
hieraquical data structures like trees like O(1) insertion, and linear
worst case queries (and other drawbacks) that's why I'm  investigating
if there are performance gains under high particle numbers (where
hashing shows advantages over trees)

  I preciate if anyone could suggest me good resources on spatial hash
integer functions, and a way to measure the exact calculation time in
order to compare both algorithms

                  Cheers   Farsthary