[Bf-committers] bpy.ops.anim.keyframe_insert() massively slow

Charles Wardlaw cwardlaw at marchentertainment.com
Mon May 3 14:24:02 CEST 2010

> Basically, why I strongly urge all baking to go the other way instead,
> is that keyframes are relatively quite "heavy", especially with the
> handles (which are of limited importance when you've got a sample on
> each frame anyway), and also because all the keyframe tools assume
> that they are not densely packed together in a bunch. So, even though
> you may have situations where there might be a few relatively
> "complex" F-Curves with keyframes, they really aren't as complex as
> the ones here.

Hi,

Sorry to chime in (and I swear Daniel I'm not trying to troll ^_^) but I was
hoping for clarification: does this statement talk about keyframes made
through the API (which are a special case) or keyframes in general?  As an
example, the characters on our current (non-Blender) show at work are
looking at around 1000 keys being made whenever you key the entire character
(all controls and keyable attributes), which is a general practice.  It's
also general practice to key down to twos or threes (and on fast motions,
every frame), and there are plenty of shots with upwards of ten characters.

Just curious.
~ C