[Bf-committers] Argh, the GCC segfault bug again!

(Ry)akiotakis (An)tonis kalast at gmail.com
Sat May 1 13:48:54 CEST 2010

I get segfaults with cmake on ubuntu but scons+MinGW on windows did
not present any problems for me with gcc 4.2.1, which actually is the
only MinGW gcc compiler that works without problems for me. The 4.4.0
didn't link last time I checked(a couple of months ago), 4.5.0 which
came out recently is incompatible with openexr (I think because it is
compiled with dwarf type exception handling) and right now I'm using a
self-compiled gcc 4.4.3 which works if I disable COLLADA.
All in all, use 4.2.1 for all features or compile a 4.5.0 on MSys with
sjlj exception handling to get the latest gcc(blender should without
COLLADA but note that maybe it already builds with official 4.5.0 if
you disable openexr support - didn't have time to try that).