[Bf-committers] neXyon's GSoC 2010 proposals

neXyon nexyon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 18:27:03 CEST 2010

Hi there!

So to the feedback I got:

* I've removed the iPad comment, didn't know about all those
restrictions Apple puts on it... it was just an example, now clearly a
stupid one :)

* After first setting multitouch mandatory as I've found a nice way to
do multitouch with 2 mice on linux [1] I removed it completely during
detailing the proposal as I found the only useful thing multitouch could
really be used for is panning/rotating/zooming the view and that's not
really worth the effert in my and others opinion.

* Something I want to make clear, because many say, that 3D audio would
be best, as I'm into audio... Before starting to work on blender's audio
system I had absolutely NO knowledge about audio and I still consider
myself noob in that area, as I don't have much clue about FIRs and IIRs
(yet). Still I've been able to get everything working for blender in the
audio area so far! The conclusion is that I'd have to get myself
comfortable with 3D audio just like I have to with all the other
projects, as I have never done something 3D audio related either. I just
think that I am able to do the other projects just like I've been able
to do blender audio.

* I've worked a little on the tablet proposal and with the help a good
friend of mine who is an awesome blender artist, I've been able to put
up some nice mockups showing possible UI designs, just check it out [2].

* I know that the plugin proposal is very undetailed and a bit unclear.
I'm still waiting for info about it from Campbell and Brecht who
suggested me to do this.

* About the generic nodes proposal I have to say that, as I've stated in
the proposal, this project might be a big too huge for a GSoC project
and I could only do ground work. Also talking to other developers they
agreed on this and stated that this should probably better be done by a
core developer like Brecht or Martin.

Regards,
Jörg

[1]