[Bf-committers] neXyon's GSoC 2010 proposals

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Tue Mar 30 13:49:26 CEST 2010

> Mobile Blending sounds amazing (I'm picking up an iPad for
> development soon, and would LOVE to use Blender on it).  My
> only concern there: Multitouch should, I think, be a required
> deliverable.

Blender on mobile devices would indeed be cool.  But with regards to
the iPad, my understanding is that Apple doesn't allow applications
with generic scripting languages on the iPhone/iPad/etc.  If they did,
it would be a back-door for developing arbitrary applications without
going through them (heaven forbid).  And since Blender 2.5 depends so
heavily on Python, I don't think it's actually (legally) possible to
put Blender on those devices.

--Nathan