[Bf-committers] Fwd: Meeting minutes March 28, 2010

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 01:41:25 CEST 2010

==Google Summer of Code==

As you likely heard we've been accepted into the program.  Student
applications will start be accepted from

March 29, 2010 at 19:00:00 (UTC time) to April 9, 2010 at 19:00:00 (UTC time)

and the ideas list is located
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GSoC/2010/Ideas

If you are a core coder and willing to be a mentor or potential mentor
please sign up here
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/org/apply_mentor/google/gsoc2010

==2.5x next milestone==

Ton had long meeting with Matt about 2.5 planning

Matt main attention will be with tracker the next weeks, but he'll be
more ruthlessly closing reports anything that's not a verified bug can
be closed, especially if reporter doesn't respond only reports should
be open as todos for our devs, the tracker is not a support system

Do not report bugs on branches except directly to the developer

There are two targets we want to make for the betas; one is for
'minimal 2.5 specs' (docs) and one for 'blender stable' (release)

the 2.5 specs we should be very conservative about, and just move most
of it to next series

the 2.5 UI specs to finish is mostly about thread stuff (render) and
multiwin usage and userpref/theme/keymap save and some fishy
keymap/operator specs have to be solved, or at least make good
guidelines

==DURIAN==

the new renderer is giving good performance 'Durian images we render
are all full raytraced GI and still within acceptable time'

Developers please continue helping to fix bugs and to help with the todo list

https://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=9&atid=498

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo/Tools
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo/UserInterface
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo/Editors
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo/Scripting
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo/BuildingSoftware
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo/Install-OS

the current artist sprint is showing great results