[Bf-committers] 3D stereoscopic camera implementation

Cesar Izurieta cesar at ecuarock.net
Sat Mar 27 23:36:11 CET 2010

Hello everyone,

This is my first time working with Blender. I really like the way 2.5
is evolving. Inspired by http://www.noeol.de/s3d/ and
http://www.binocularity.org/ I played around with blender 2.5 trying
to implement a 3d camera. I've created a patch that implements some
of this. Though I have still a lot of work to do, I'm hoping to get
some early feedback and help.

The patch is at patch tracker, number 21799.

I'm aware that I 'm probably very far from what I should be doing to
make this work, so please, any ideas, guidance, criticism, are more
than welcome.

Also, there are some things that weren't working for me on blender:

- Setting precision for a angle control: can not set for example to
show one or two decimals when the type of the control is angle, in
general setting precision is not working like it should for RNA
properties.
- I can't find a way to use different cameras for compositing a final
image. The render code seems to assume that there will be just one
active camera per scene and there seems that there is no way to
override that camera.
- I need to add some padding to structs in DNA types, is this normal?

Thanks,

César Izurieta