[Bf-committers] new UV test grid

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 07:54:29 CET 2010

Hi, some quick points to reply to some comments on this thread.

At the moment its not my personal project to make blender user
friendly for UV unwrapping.
I just saw some fairly nice UV grid, asked a newer developer if he
wanted to write, then reviewed the patch (and added text which exposes
some bugs in blenders text rendering, eek, but good in the long term).

I do however still believe keeping these textures procedural is an
advantage and am not really interested in discussing at length.
Nevertheless, Im not the owner of the image module, so Brecht, Matt,
Ton, Kent could add if they think its worthwhile.

Blender is becoming such a big application there are many areas where
library/sample files could be useful but I think it could end up
bloating the download too, and as I said before, optional extensions
can be used and if someone really wants they can create a procedural
grid as has just been done in the past weeks.

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 6:49 AM, Pacific Morrowind
<pacificmorrowind at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26/03/2010 11:10 AM, Paolo Ciccone wrote:
>> I think that we are getting too worried for just a few added kilobytes.
>> That's hardly "bloating" the install. A few of grids in JPEG. In this day an
>> age we should not worry so much for such size.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> --
>> Paolo
>>
> Despite the fact that I am on dial-up I have to agree that a mb here or
> there doesn't matter that much; however I think it would make most sense
> to be an /optional/ but recommended extension on bf-extensions (and have
> a link from the blender download page to the recommended extensions page
> (which should be created if it doesn't exist - I haven't seen it if it
> does exist)).
> Pacific Morrowind

- Campbell