[Bf-committers] Alpha

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 22:19:43 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 9:05 PM, David Hutto <smokefloat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The color to alpha is in there, I think in the materials in the
>>> buttons window, or use halo. but to see inside try toggling between
>>> perspective and orthographic(numpad5).
>>
>> That would work but materials not objects. That might be fine, if your
>> model was not like many of mine with 20 different materials on it.
>> Going through all those materials and adjusting their alphas is NOT
>> good work flow. That would mean turning on 20 different alphas and
>> then adjusting it, then later turning it all back off. I just want to
>> have a simple slider per object that does not effect rendering.
>>
>> Also I can't seem to get transparency to work in edit mode but I guess
>> that is just me not knowing 2.5 that well yet.
>>
>> --
>> Douglas E Knapp
>>
>> Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.
>> http://sf-journey-creations.wikispot.org/Front_Page
>> http://code.google.com/p/perspectiveproject/
>>

> My knowledge of this is from limited time, but excessive use, so
> forgive any naive suggestions. As a side thought you could use python
> to get the object and us a basic ui per object to adjust all related
> materials with a slider. I might look at it later on when working on a
> ui I'm using as practice.

Moving alphas in the materials could be real pain. Think of a scene
with a bunch of types of glass and diamonds etc. Also I am much more
sure now that that still does not work in edit mode where you need
this the most.

My thoughts were that it could be part of the h/alt-h but you could
set an alpha there.

OR

The background image could be stacked on top instead of under in the
z-buffer because it already has alpha on it so putting it on top would
work.

Having both would be nice!