[Bf-committers] Alpha

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 19:51:03 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 6:45 PM, David Hutto <smokefloat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have often needed to fade out a model in the editor or object mode.
>> For example, I am making something based on a background plan but I
>> can't see the plan once the model is on top of it. If I had an alpha
>> slider for each object, then I could see it when I wanted to and make
>> it solid when needed. Another place is when you have a complex object
>> and want to see inside of it but some part is in the way.
>>
>> Where is the proper place to post this idea, if not here?
>>
>> --
>> Douglas E Knapp

> The color to alpha is in there, I think in the materials in the
> buttons window, or use halo. but to see inside try toggling between
> perspective and orthographic(numpad5).

That would work but materials not objects. That might be fine, if your
model was not like many of mine with 20 different materials on it.
Going through all those materials and adjusting their alphas is NOT
good work flow. That would mean turning on 20 different alphas and
then adjusting it, then later turning it all back off. I just want to
have a simple slider per object that does not effect rendering.

Also I can't seem to get transparency to work in edit mode but I guess
that is just me not knowing 2.5 that well yet.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.