[Bf-committers] Question On New Space Type

Xavier Thomas xavier.thomas.1980 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 15:26:34 CET 2010

Hello,

I was thinking about how to improve blender to allow more conventional
compositing UI and I think this could be usefull to you:

-When using node compositing we sometimes need an "Overlay UI" on the
image (in the image editor showing the viewer node). For exemple
bezier nodes, 2d transform with center poitn for scale and rotation,
-Tracking and "line sample" could benefit from that too.

My idea was to add an "Overlay UI" mode to the image editor (so we
have, View mode, paint maode, overlay UI mode) and 2 lists of
callback: one for drawing, one for event handling:
When in "overlay UI" mode the image editor after drawing the image,
calls all the drawing callback and when the image editor recieve an
event (in the image region area) it pass it to the event handlers
callback one by one until one event handler return otherwise.

I hope it make sense

Xavier