[Bf-committers] patch #21750: Vectorscope and luma/color waveform for image view

Paolo Ciccone phciccone at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 00:53:46 CET 2010

Xavier, that looks very promising. For the VScope, would it be possible to
to have more clear demarcation of each color area? It would be also helpful
to have the standard line for the skin tone, the single most important
feature of a VScope. Lastly, VScopes usually have a marker of some sort,
like a square that shows the limit of the usable range for each color.
Basically, when calibrating a monitor or a camera with a DSC chart your R,
G, B, M, C, Y would optimally "fall" within those squares. Beyond those the
colors start getting oversaturated. Here is an example of what I mean:
http://paolociccone.com/TrueColor-HD250-part2.html

Excellent work!

Paolo Ciccone
www.preta3d.com