[Bf-committers] Blender security paranoia

Leif Andersen leif.a.andersen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 21:40:39 CET 2010

Well. I suppose we could take (gags) the apple app store model...where
trusted devs review every plugin that is sanctioned by blender, and just
leave the artists to fend for themselves if they choose to install any 3rd
party plugins.  There does seem to be a good foundation for this already:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Extensions/Sharing

It seems like this is the approach being taken, and some of these emails
have started to convince me that it is a good enough to leave it alone.
With that being said, I still think that building an integrated plugin
center, or personal tracker (something like http://my.gpodder.org/ would be
a good thing for blender).

~Leif Andersen

My first contribution to the blender community:
http://leifandersen.net/2010/03/23/good-feeling-my-first-slightly-major-open-source-contribution/