[Bf-committers] gDEBugger GDC Video: Advanced OpenGL, OpenGL ES and OpenCL debugging and profiling using gDEBugger

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:31:25 CET 2010

Hi folks,
I watched the following video and I'm quite impressed:
http://nvidia.fullviewmedia.com/gdc2010/13-avi-shapira.html

In BGE current profiling the whole Rasterizer is keep as an unique entry.
With this debugger you can actually see where is the actual bottleneck
(Fragment, Vertex, ...). The same can be applied for Blender I believe.

When I find time I'll try to run it on simple BGE demos. I have a feeling
that this can help to fix some bugs we have (e.g. alpha flickering). Also
from a user perspective, that sounds as a handy tool to help
game optimization (assuming we can tackle the main BGE GL problems that may
be present).

Maybe an interesting GSOC for someone? (to implement openGL Rasterizer
profile and fix/optimize BGE openGL errors)?

Cheers,
Dalai

http://blenderecia.orgfree.com