[Bf-committers] Summer of Code Ideas List

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 11:40:47 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Brecht Van Lommel <brecht at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've further cleaned up the summer of code ideas list:
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GSoC/2010/Ideas
>
> I've removed everything that I think is not suitable as a good
> project. I don't want to be the boss of this list, but students are
> already reading this make proposals, so leaving ideas that we might
> reject is not helpful. If you disagree we can add discuss and add back
> things, but I propose that only module maintainers and developers who
> would potentially mentor the project edit this page. It would be good
> if other Blender developers could add their own, or remove ones they
> think are not good.
>
> Thanks,
> Brecht.

I am not a dev and so am not going to add the list but something I
would like to see that would work as a summer project would be a
tiling system.

For example, you want to make a big classic dungeon. So you make a
hall section, a 4 way, 2 way and 3 way, junction and then you could
take these tiles and build a whole dungeon. You would need some way to
make each tile connect to the next and a way to make base tiles that
one could pick to use.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.