[Bf-committers] Applying tool/modifier to multiple objects simultaneously

Seppo Tukiainen stuman at windowslive.com
Sun Mar 21 21:32:04 CET 2010

Hi,

Even though the blender is great program, the following thing has been annoying me for quite long time, but I don't know, if it’s a buck or lag of feature, anyway here it is:

In cases where modifiers or tools have to be applied to several objects (that is: to all selected ones) simultaneously, it is not working. Instead modifier/tool is applied only to the last selected object and one has to go through every other pieces one by one or use “Make Links…” command.

If it’s not a bug, I hope this kind of ‘applying to multiple objects’ support will be build in the blender. It wasn’t in the 2.4x, but since 2.5x are constructed better in many ways, as I’ve understood, there must be structures for this kind of feature in already.
In fact, this kind of functionality should have been build into kernel in the first place. Applying any command should always go through the list of selected objects and try to apply it into them all (cause it’s user’s will).

Sorry, if this is what you have already planned to do in the future, but I just wanted to let you to know that these kind of small things are also important.

br: Seppo