[Bf-committers] Nodify logic , a GSOC project of idea list , need info

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 18:00:33 CET 2010

Hi there,
In case this is not a task for a GSOC (what I think may be or may not,
depending on the specific goal and current state of Benoit's work) those are
more interesting projects someone could pick up for GSOC BGE projects:

1 - Hardware Skinning - GLSL vertex shader built-in/out of the box system to
speed up bone animations. I have some work on that (VBO working but in the
need for optimization and a working example with a real .glsl shader). There
are still plenty of work to be done in this project. Highly needed for BGE
in my opinion.

2 - real DDS support - BGE currently supports DDS but doesn't make use of
its advantages. Also different textures (alpha/normal/color) may need
different compression methods. On that scope I would also add
creation/convertion of DDS textures from Blender UV/Image editor. * note: I
don't use dds myself but I alway heard about how great they are.

Is the wiki open for adding those ideas?

Cheers,
Dalai