[Bf-committers] Python sandbox

Mike Belanger mikejamesbelanger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 19:43:50 CET 2010

To me its not a question of how secure your pipeline is, but how quickly you
can 'bounce back' after a system failure, maliciously-motived or otherwise.
Yeah, you should have a firewall, passwords, admin rights etc.  But really,
the best insurance policy for studio assets is automated-backup.
If anything, this sandbox thing almost sounds like it could restrict
backups, or make them difficult/require consent every save.  Anything
discouraging/inhibiting backup is a far bigger threat, imho.

A disclaimer in front of AddOns works for me.

www.watchmike.ca