[Bf-committers] Python sandbox

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt at internode.on.net
Thu Mar 18 03:31:59 CET 2010

Leif Andersen wrote:
> True, while I don't completely agree with the exact method Jonathon is
> proposing, I still think the idea of a plugin center of sorts is a good
> idea.

I have no issues with this at all. The plugins that come with Blender
are trusted by default and a central location to find other plugins
(rated for trust or otherwise) is a good thing. Much the same way
Firefox has it's site for add-ons, being able to register a plugin for
exporting to Ogre (as an example) and it being easily found by Blender
users is a Good Thing(tm).

The benefits of this are orthogonal to securing Blender (because scene
files are excluded and that is where the main danger lies) but it is a
good idea nonetheless, deserving perhaps to be considered outside this
discussion (to prevent the debate about one idea discolouring the other)?

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt
Analyst Programmer