[Bf-committers] Python sandbox

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Mar 17 17:45:00 CET 2010

Hi,

I am not talking about "make everything in Python run sandboxed". The
target can be narrowed down to  a simpler task:

1) support animation scripts (drivers, constraints, fcurve mods)
2) interface scripts
3) basic import and export

If '3' or even '2' is not possible, we then can try '1' even, it might
be useful for a total-safe blender to be used on farms, or for bug
checks, etc. We should be aware that nearly every user won't ever code
Python tools anyway.

I also dare to challange python.org to look into this topic again. If
we cannot provide a decent quality and reasonable safe Blender with
Python, we better ditch it and switch to Lua or so.

-Ton-