[Bf-committers] Add Object Conventions and default behaviour

Aurel W. aurel.w at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 15:04:29 CET 2010

Hi,

I noticed that there is some inconsistency with adding new objects,
some scripts and extensions do this differently from others. Also
'import' and 'add' should be treated differently, but there is still
much confusion about this. Can we come up with some general behavior,
which all extensions and internal add/import scripts must implement?

I also noticed some horrible new behavior when adding obects. They
will be added at the world origin, rather than on the 3d cursor and
won't be transformed by the current view matrix. I consider this as
bug for now and assume no one really thought, that this would be a
good default behavior.

Aurel