[Bf-committers] set "F6" pop-up-panel to pop-up automatically by User Preference's selection

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Mar 16 21:51:27 CET 2010

On 17/03/2010, at 04:56 , Jonathan Williamson wrote:

> Hey Ton,
>
> The "active input" is an interesting thought that could work very
> well if
> implemented right. I could see this working very well if the input
> focus was
> immediately placed in the operator panel, such that you could
> numerically
> input the values without ever clicking a second field.

Hi, this is not really an improvement, it might as well be a popup
anyway. The idea of the operator properties is so that you *don't*
have to confirm or make choices with every tool that you use. If you
don't need to change any settings you can keep on working without
being forced to go through the steps like a 'wizard'. One thing I
brought up at winter camp though, is that it might be good to have a
consistent shortcut key that immediately sends focus to the first
field of the operator properties. This would still be non-blocking,
but faster to access.

cheers,

Matt