[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [27404] trunk/blender/release/scripts/ presets/render: A number of common rendering presets, looked up and added by Simon Rainerson

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 01:16:04 CET 2010

Note that those PARs are from the ITU 601 standard, and it is
apparently what adobe premiere uses also.

This guy gives an explanation as to why he, and many other encoders
don't follow the spec

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/seemoredigital/03_Video_Only_Info/Why_I_don%27t_follow_ITU601_specification.html

(Note that he has at least two typos in his post that make two of his
calculations wrong, presumably copy paste errors the first NTSC 16:9
should be 40:33; and in the second section it should be 32:27)

LetterRip