[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [27404] trunk/blender/release/scripts/ presets/render: A number of common rendering presets, looked up and added by Simon Rainerson

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 23:52:52 CET 2010

Looks like I opened up a can of worms :)

To answer some questions it appears that there are true pixel aspect
ratios, and then there are approximate pixel aspect ratios that are
better for digital video editing software, and the true pixel aspect
ratios are defined differently by different groups.

Based on my reading it sounds like we should be using the following

NTSC 4:3 -> 10:11
NTSC 16:9  -> 40:33
PAL 4:3 -> 12:11
PAL 16:9 -> 16:11