[Bf-committers] Armature "apply selected bones pose as rest pose" Proposal

Juan Pablo Bouza jpbouza at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 22:06:37 CET 2010

Hi!

I was wondering if it could be possible to add an "apply selected bones pose as rest pose"option in the CTRL+A menu. This option would apply the current pose as rest position only to the selected bones.
This would present certain benefits in cases where you have constraints driven by bone drivers, and those "driver bones" are visually set inside of a custom 3d menu you created.

For instance, in BlenRig (which is a public rig I created www.jpbouza.com.ar) I use several 3d menus with driver bones. One of those menus turns on some "Stretch to" constraints that let you re-proportion the rig. After re-proportioning the rig, I would like to apply the current pose as rest position, but only for the character's bones, not to the menu bones, as if I apply the pose to those menu bones, the stretching menu would end up having an undesired offset.

I hope I have made my point clear ebough, if not I'll post some example images :)