[Bf-committers] carve boolean blender

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Mon Mar 8 16:05:27 CET 2010

Jaevixa McNomera contacted me in January about picking this up and
continuing the development.  At that time I was working on another
project and gave him/her my blessing (plus my patches), but haven't
heard anything since.

I could pick this back up now (my project is done), but should
coordinate with Joe since it should be integrated with BMesh.  I haven't
looked at his branch in a while, but my modifications basically plugged
in on top of the current boolean interface, so it might be possible to
integrate for now without any major modifications.  The one obvious
advantage of BMesh would be using ngons.  However, from what I've seen
discussed, I believe one problem we will have to deal with is that BMesh
may not support meshes with holes.

Ken