[Bf-committers] Text editor: "tab as space" as default? do we really need to push PEP8 that way?

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 21:16:33 CET 2010

It looks like people really like spaces (no problems with that, as I said,
no pep8 discussion here).
My main problem with converted tabs is: (1) I use the Text editor for glsl
shaders as well  (2) the need to manually go deal with every space
individually to perform operations such as deleting and navigating (going
back and forward in a line).

So how about if we not only convert tabs to space but also jump 4 spaces
when moving left, and remove 4 spaces if we delete a 'tab' ? I can take a
look at how other script editors deal with that, but suggestions would also
be welcome.

Cheers,
Dalai